Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

DIY Leather Feather Earrings






I fell in love with leather crafts (the simple ones :)) after picking up a small bundle of scrap leather (containing various patterns and colours of genuine leather) at a leather market for just 200 naira! I have made various items of jewellery from my stash and I can't wait to share them all with you.

The first leather project I'm sharing is this beautiful pair of feather earrings. I love this project because it is so quick and easy to make. I really hope you'll love the earrings as I do.
 
If you can't lay hands on scrap (genuine) leather, you can make use of faux leather or upcycle your old  leather bags, shoes etc.

Let's get started!

You'll need the following supplies:

- Leather (2 colours)
- Earring hangers
- Jumprings
- Scissors
- Marker
- Tracing paper
- Punch (alternative materials: big needle or pins)

Procedure
- Draw and cut out two sizes of half-leaf shapes on your tracing paper 

- Place the templates on your scrap leather, mark  and cut out the shapes

-Make small cuts/notches along the curved sides of the leather cutouts
- Punch holes at the top of the two leather cutouts. I used a tiny punch and hammer for this but you can use a needle or pin)

- Open up a jump ring with your flat-nose pliers and pass it through the leather cutouts and earring hanger
-Close the jump ring with the pliers
- Repeat the steps above for the second earring
-Rock your beautiful self-made earrings!

I hope you enjoy creating these lovely earrings. Please send pictures of your finished project to craftsphereng@gmail.com. Also, feel free to leave a comment below.
Thanks for stopping by!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment